1. How To Fix Squeaky Wood Floors
- If your wood floors are squeaking, chances are the floorboards are rubbing against each other. Simply sprinkle corn starch on the floors and brush it in between the boards! The corn starch acts as a barrier that prevents the squeak.
2. How To Fix Ceiling Stains Without A Paintbrush
- Get an empty spray bottle with 1 part bleach, 2 parts water, and spray the stain and walk away. After 10-20 minutes, check to see if the stain is lighter or gone. So spray again until the stain is almost imperceptible!
3. How To Fix Sticking Locks
- Graphite works wonders to un-stick locks. So, rub a graphite pencil on your key, or spray graphite powder in key hole!
4. How To Get Rid Of The Smell Of Stinky Dishwashers
- Re-visit step two, take the same spray bottle with bleach and water, spray a cloth with the contents, and wipe down the inside of the dishwasher with the cloth. Then, once you’re done wiping it down, run a rinse cycle!
5. How To Stop Running Toilet Sounds & Stop Wasting Water
- Open the back of your toilet, and see if there is a kink in the toilet chain. Next, remove the chain, place a plastic straw over the chain and re-attach it to the handle. So, this will typically fix the kink in the chain and stop the running water so you’re not wasting water!
Interested in learning about more inexpensive home repairs or other steps you can take to increase the value of your home in Rochester? Give us a call or send us a text at 585.900.1111.