Not Your Standard Resolutions
80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by February. So, how about making a resolution about something you will DO instead of NOT do? Here’s a few ideas:
- Volunteer and give more to charity – Check out the Villa of Hope . We adopt several individuals from the Villa each holiday season so that no one goes without – but they need help every day!
- Learn a new language – Rochester has one of the largest hearing impaired communities in the United States. Expand your linguistic abilities by learning Sign Language.
- Learn to cook – even if it’s just an egg! It’s a new start and if you stick to it and you’ll be making Chicken French soon enough.
- Learn more about art, music, culture, etc. One of our favorite places to visit very neat art is at Artisan Works
- Have more face-to-face conversations instead of looking at your phone.
- Give your friends and family the joy of a handwritten greeting by sending birthday cards through the mail! What an excellent and thoughtful surprise.
Good luck and we wouldn’t mind if you reported back to us about your resolution!